Increase font size
Topic Title: MIET application
Topic Summary:
Created On: 14 November 2012 01:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 14 November 2012 01:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Young78

Hi,
Firstly a big hello to all.
I wondered if anyone can be of assistance. I have recently applied for my MIET however the feedback I have received is relating to my CV not being detailed enough. Probably my own fault as I tightened my CV to one side of A4. I did manage to get the most important/relevant information included however the request is for further detailed information.
I have always been split into two minds when it comes to CV's and never know how much to include/exclude.
So can anyone offer any advice or guidance as such in terms of explaining my experience further to support my application.

Many Thanks

Nick
 16 November 2012 01:56 PM

ronty

Hi,
I'm filling my application out now to upgrade my membership to MIET and I'm basically going to fill my cv with everything I do at my place, if you don't mind me asking what's the highest qualification you have got.
Thanks
 14 December 2012 01:37 PM

Young78

Hi,
Highest is a HND in Electronic Eng. I have 2 BTEC level 3's also. One in Electronic Eng. and the other in Mechanical Eng, plus the usual GCSE's and A-Levels.

Regards

Nick
 31 January 2013 01:16 PM

PaulMalloy

Having interviewed a number of people over the years I find most CV's do not show the level of involvement in work and often just states an item of plant or project.. You should try and indicate the level of responsibility you had and how many (if any) people worked for you. If you did not have anyone working for you then you could focus on showing how important your input was/is to a piece of work.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.