Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: IET Membership
Topic Summary: MIET
Created On: 09 October 2012 05:28 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09 October 2012 05:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 10
Joined: 18 September 2010

Hi All,
Just enquiring I'm currently registered as EngTech TMIET, I recently finished my HNC in Mechanical Engineering and have been out of my apprenticeship now for 3 years, I would like now to gain MIET status, does anyone have any advice on gaining this.
 23 October 2012 03:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 690
Joined: 28 September 2007

Hi ronty,

Your best approach will be to find an advisor local to you who can help you out with your application.

You will also need a supporter who will review your application and support it with the IET. I find if that supporter is a CEng it adds more substance to your application. They will have to be a member of the IET.

If you don't have a colleague who can support you with your application then the IET may be able to point you in the direction of your local group who may help.

You should be able to gain MIET with an HNC, your experience may be a little light, it will depend on your job role and the responsibilities you have, again an advisor can give guidance on this, specific to your needs.

Good luck with your application.

Kind regards

Donald Lane
 22 November 2012 03:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 29
Joined: 26 June 2002

One must have achieved a standard of knowledge and understanding and be engaged in an activity relevant to the science, engineering or technology community to be a MIET. Now that you have a HNC and practising as an engineer, you will be eligible to apply for MIET. However, if you want to progress your application to CEng, Eng Tech or I Eng etc, then you would need evidence that you have acheived the necessary academic qualifications / professional experience.
 21 May 2013 04:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 192
Joined: 14 April 2013

Actually IET made something good for the members who are MIET.
It is more then a membership.

MIET is listed as Electrical and computer (technology) engineer.
EU Directive.

EU Regulated Professions Database:


Title:Electrical and computer (technology) engineer

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2016 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.