Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Can I complete IET CEng qualification outside the UK
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03 September 2012 06:01 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03 September 2012 06:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 1
Joined: 03 September 2012

I studied in the UK and worked in the UK for 2 years.
But I am moving abroad. Can I complete IET CEng qualification outside the UK?

 06 September 2012 03:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 276
Joined: 25 July 2008

The IET has members throughout the world registered with Engineering Council in the UK. We welcome professional registration applications from members overseas. We consider qualifications and professional achievements, wherever in the world they may have taken place.

Members overseas should understand that practical difficulties may arise. We must be satisfied that all qualifications and achievements being claimed are genuine. We then need to evaluate this evidence which can be slightly different than most registration assessors are used to. Our process for IEng & CEng registration always involves an interview, although we have used video-conferencing where appropriate.

We have advisors in a number of countries and a section of the web-site helps you to locate the nearest person.

Many members work in overseas offices of multinational business and the IET collaborates with many such employers who value Eng Tech, ICT Tech, IEng or CEng as competence standards.

Roy Bowdler IEng FIET FCIPD
IET Registration & Standards

Edited: 07 September 2012 at 02:37 PM by roybowdler

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2016 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.