Increase font size
Topic Title: CEng - Do failed applications get sent to the Engineering Council
Topic Summary: Engineering Council and unsuccessful CEng Applications
Created On: 21 June 2012 07:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 21 June 2012 07:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

mshelbwala

In a situation whereby a CEng candidate is unsuccessful at the PRI stage, do the interviewers still send their recommendation to the Engineering Council? If that is the case, what are the benefits derived from doing that? It would appear that this takes up the time of the council and lengthens the application process for successful candidates?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for reading.
 04 July 2012 05:12 PM

asinclai

Hello, My understanding of the process flow is that post-PRI the IET make a recommendation to the Engineering Council regarding the appropriate registration IEng or CEng thus there is no communication regarding the original registration applied for. Regards Andrew Sinclair

-------------------------
Andrew Sinclair CEng MIET
 04 June 2013 05:20 AM

MosheW

What if the applicant had a bad day, he was sick and failed PRI but can pass the PRI of felt better?
A friend was so nervious that he couldn't fall a sleep the night before PRI , he had bad migrane during the interview and messed it up.

Is another chance at PRI provided to that candidate?
 06 June 2013 01:42 PM

faramog

As far as I am aware only successful applications have their names put forward for final registration to the EC. The IET has delegated authority based on an approved (and monitored) process... its a sort of rubber stamp.

As I posted on another thread to your question MosheW ... don't whinge after the event just because you feel it went badly. If a candidate is ill then unless its obvious or picked up by the interviewers how are they going to know unless the candidate says something. The assessment is done only on what the candidate says and not on what we think they could have said. There is an appeals process though

-------------------------
Eur Ing Graham Prebble CEng MIEE
 07 June 2013 09:31 AM

MosheW

Graham thanks, I understand and so is Dave.
Dave thought that the interviewers tried to help him and asked fair questions.\He is sure he could have done significantly better is felt well.
And I heard this in the past when we were in college, he would say things about how difficult the exam was, fearing he will get low grade and then he would score really high mark.

Any way we appreciate any advise and time spend to respond.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.