IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Wait Time for each of the CEng stages?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 28 April 2012 01:44 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 28 April 2012 01:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

gpyazbeck

Hello,

I received an email from IET on 29-Feb-12 confirming the receipt of my CEng application. The email advised that my application is at Stage 1 of the process and that I will be contacted "shortly". Nevertheless, I haven't received any news since then.

Can you please advise on the average wait time of each stage? And, what do they look for in each stage?

Thank you.

George
 02 May 2012 09:34 AM

Witch1

George

It could be well worth you requesting a PRA who could help you through the process in the most efficient manner.

The wait time varies depending on many factors. If your application form covers all of the EC competencies well and aligns to the requirements of the IET then the process is sped up. If there are any concerns over a particular competency or two then you could be asked for more information which could add weeks to the process. If your supporters delay their responses then this can prolong the process (mine was delayed about 4 months when I did my CEng as my line manager was not in the country to complete his form). Bear in mind that the IET needs to follow the rules of the EC and must ensure that all of their ducks are lined up prior to awarding professional registration. It is quite an achievement and the assessments take that into account.

There is no single answer for you, sorry, but a PRA can help greatly if time is of the essence.

Regards

Mike

-------------------------
Mike Green MSc (Distn) CEng FIET
 02 May 2012 12:01 PM

gpyazbeck

Mike,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yesterday, I got a response from the stage 2 coordinator; he stated that no additional information is required from my side and that a panel has just started the assessment (technical) of my application. Hope things run smoothly from there.

Cheers.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.