Increase font size
Topic Title: Questions about the eligible of the CEng (Electrical) application
Topic Summary:
Created On: 25 October 2011 10:37 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 25 October 2011 10:37 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

10606877g

Hello, Everyone.

I just got the MIET from few weeks ago. Now I want to apply CEng, so I want to ask few questions about the eligible of the CEng (Electrical) application.

In the below there are my information for applying the CEng (Electrical).

BSc in Computing (Not Accredited and awarded by UK university)

MSc in Electronic and Information Engineering (Not Accredited, without dissertation and awarded by Hong Kong university)

MSc in Electrical Engineering (Not Accredited, with dissertation and awarded by Hong Kong university)

Two years experiences in Electrical discipline (responsible for project management in the contract of Hong Kong Government Department )

In my case,

Do my qualifications fulfill the requirements for the CEng (Electrical) application?

Do my experiences fulfill the requirements for the CEng (Electrical) application?

If not, what can I do for the CEng (Electrical) application?
 25 October 2011 10:46 AM

rar

Send the request to the membership dept.
 25 October 2011 11:01 AM

sunnyboy

How to Become a Chartered Engineer ( Chartered Engineers must comply with international professional standards)

Chartered Engineers are registered with the Engineering Council in the United Kingdom. This council maintains internationally recognized professional and ethic standards for all registered engineers. If you carry the Chartered Engineer title, employers can be confident that your knowledge and experience comply with the highest professional standards. The United States equivalent of the Chartered Engineer title (CEng), is the Professional Engineer title (PEng), which is awarded by the National Society of Professional Engineers.

Instructions
Things You'll Need

Accredited bachelor's degree in engineering
Accredited master's qualification
Curriculum Vitae

Earn a bachelor's degree with honors in engineering or technology from an institute that is accredited with the Engineering Council.

Earn an appropriate master's degree or a relevant further learning to master's level from an accredited institution. An accredited integrated MEng degree is also acceptable.

Complete at least four years of practical training in the industry. The training institute or company where you complete your practical training must appoint a mentor (preferably a Chartered Engineer) to monitor your training program. This mentor may also give you career development guidance until you are eligible to apply for the Chartered Engineer title.

Study the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK Spec) from the Engineering Council's website (see Resources). This standard explains all the criteria for registration.

Join a professional engineering institution that is licensed by the Engineering Council to assess candidates Chartered Engineer registration. Contact the professional engineering institution directly or complete the registration inquiry form on the Engineering Council's website (see Resources). The Council will then forward your information to the institute that is most suitable to you. Two examples of such professional engineering institutions are The Institution of Engineering and Technology and The Chartered Institute for IT (see Resources).

Compile evidence of your competence in the form of a Curriculum Vitae. Include examples of how you used your engineering knowledge to use or improve advancing technology. Identify a project in which you applied theoretical and practical methods to analyze and solve an engineering problem. Include evidence of working experience where you exercised technical and commercial leadership skills. Explain your personal commitment to professional standards and recognition of responsibilities towards the society and environment. Include an action plan for your own future professional development.

Make photocopies of all authenticated certificates related to your engineering education. Ask your mentor or a colleague to sign each copy.

Obtain contact information of your mentor or supporter. He must have known you for at least 12 months and be able to comment on your working experience during the past year. The engineering institution will contact this supporter as a part of your evaluation process.

Obtain an application form from the engineering institution. These forms are often available on the institution's website. Complete the form and submit it to the institution, along with your Curriculum Vitae and certificate copies.

Pay the application fee. Fees and payments options differ from institute to institute.

Wait for the institute to contact you with a date for your assessment interview. A member of the institute will review the documentation you submitted, and determine whether you qualify for the assessment interview.

Attend the interview and answer all questions to the best of your ability. The interview is conducted by two interviewers who will compile a report and submit it to the institution's committee. The committee will decide whether you are approved for the Chartered Engineer Status and notify you of the outcome. If you qualify, the committee will automatically register you as a Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council.

-------------------------
Luciano Bacco
 25 October 2011 01:40 PM

rossall

Hi 10606877g

There is information about how to get advice on your own application in this thread.

There is also a page of information for CEng in particular.

Hope this helps.

-------------------------
David Rossall
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
 21 February 2012 01:14 PM

tua022012

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

Apart from that, this link below may be useful: Application engineer interview questions

Rgs

Edited: 12 March 2012 at 12:42 PM by tua022012
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.