Increase font size
Topic Title: CEng - Supporting Docs needed to apply
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03 June 2010 11:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03 June 2010 11:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

luzmila

Hi everyone,

I am looking to apply for CEng chartership in the near future.

From what I have seen in the IET website, I have to fill in and send:
- Application for Professional Registration, which summarises the my education and experience, etc
- Payment form

I would appreciate if you, especially recently chartered, could advice on what to submit along with my application.

I have prepared a 'Competence Record Report' that lists 1) Work Experience 2) Competence met 3) Signature of my IET mentor (signature proves that what I've mentioned for each role is accurate).
Question: Did you submit something like this with your Application for Professional Registration? I think is necessary, so it is clear for the interviewers which competences I've met through out my career.

I have completed Section J-Relevant Career History of the 'Application for Professional Registration' form with the info compiled on my 'Competence Record Report'.
Question: Do I need to mention in the Application for Professional Registration the competences I've met ?

Some institutions ask for a report that contains a Development Action Plan which generally includes short, medium and long term objectives (career plan) and how these are likely to be achieved.
Did you provide anything like it?

Any advice will be much appreciated it.

Thanks,
Luz
 21 June 2010 12:31 PM

faramog

The application process has been considerably simplified. The form and guidelines are easily downloadable.

You should fill in the form and only submit a further competence statement if requested to do so. The best thing is to ask a PRA to review your application and help you construct it in the most effective way. Avoid writting like a CV - if you review the guidelines and what the Engineering council (and hence the IET) are looking for, it is clarity about what YOU did; what YOU were responsible for; how YOU are a professional engineer.

To find your nearest PRA then just put your poscode in !!

http://www.theiet.org/careers/.../help/findadvisor.cfm

Hope this helps

-------------------------
Eur Ing Graham Prebble CEng MIEE
 21 June 2010 07:36 PM

ahouston

Originally posted by: luzmila

Hi everyone,

I am looking to apply for CEng chartership in the near future.

From what I have seen in the IET website, I have to fill in and send:

- Application for Professional Registration, which summarises the my education and experience, etc

- Payment form

I would appreciate if you, especially recently chartered, could advice on what to submit along with my application.

I have prepared a 'Competence Record Report' that lists 1) Work Experience 2) Competence met 3) Signature of my IET mentor (signature proves that what I've mentioned for each role is accurate).

Question: Did you submit something like this with your Application for Professional Registration? I think is necessary, so it is clear for the interviewers which competences I've met through out my career.

I have completed Section J-Relevant Career History of the 'Application for Professional Registration' form with the info compiled on my 'Competence Record Report'.

Question: Do I need to mention in the Application for Professional Registration the competences I've met ?

Some institutions ask for a report that contains a Development Action Plan which generally includes short, medium and long term objectives (career plan) and how these are likely to be achieved.

Did you provide anything like it?

Any advice will be much appreciated it.

Thanks,

Luz

Hi Luz
You need only to supply:
1. The application form
2. Fee
3. Copy of your accademic qualification(s) certificate(s) (if not already assessed by the IET) duly certified as a true copy by your Sponsor.

No other paperwork is needed with the initial application. If the IET require further information, you will be contacted and supplied with additional forms.

A Development Action Plan (DAP) must be taken to the Professional Registration Interview should you reach that stage.

As Graham suggests, contact your nearest PRA.

-------------------------
Andy
EurIng Andrew Houston CEng FIET
PRA, PRI and Volunteer Career Manager Advisor
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.