Increase font size
Topic Title: EC Registration Cards
Topic Summary: EC Registration Cards
Created On: 05 December 2009 01:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05 December 2009 01:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Aitken1953

Whatever happened to the EC Registration Cards showing C Eng / I Eng or Eng Tech, once registered you are given a certificate but who wants to walk around with a certificate, I feel that the EC or IET should provide Registration Cards showing your EC Designation, after all we do have membership cards showing grade of membership, its a bit rediculous that we cannot demonstrate our EC Designation without a certificate,
as for me I would not mind paying for a card.
 05 December 2009 05:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

BradC

I am sure this topic came up in the past.

I am not certain having another piece of plastic is the answer. It would possibly be nicer to be able to suffix yourself 'Ing.' .As is the case for our continental counterparts who prefix themselves 'Ir.'

I know that we cannot protect the title Engineer, because it is in common usage and abusage in the English language, but thinking laterally, why not the latin 'ingeniarius' or 'machinator'.

Back to the your question, didn't FEANI all ready talk about introducing a ENGCARD for European engineers, but have since put the idea on ice.

If you want to ask the Engineering Council what the latest is, perhaps contacting them directly is the best way forward.

Of course, kudos and prestige aside, just be quietly satisfied that your part of a profession which makes everything else (outside the natural world) work.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.