Topic Title: From Safer Stops to Crash-Free Travel
Topic Summary: Remote Wireless Control Of Vehicles
Created On: 15 September 2016 03:45 PM
Related E&T article: From safer stops to crash-free travel
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 15 September 2016 03:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CJMedds

A very quick look at the text appears to show a badly thought-out proposal. It is true that humans cause most crashes mainly through inattention and travelling too close to the vehicle in front. The focus of "safety" partnerships and committees always seems to be controlling vehicle speed. If this were applied to a motorcycle negotiating a bend an unexpected change of speed would also cause a change of direction making the system changing the speed the cause of an inevitable and probably serious accident. The proposed system does nothing to address the driver following too close to the vehicle in front to safely stop. There are countries (British Columbia, Canada for example) where drivers are taught to travel 10m from the car in front making a shunt almost inevitable if a car has to stop suddenly.
Nowhere in this article does the failure to plan ahead and get in the correct lane, leave sufficient space or just pay attention appear to be addressed. I would not be at all happy to have an external influence on my vehicle, especially when riding my motorcycle.
The greatest device to improve driving standards would be a 6-inch spike in the centre of the steering wheel!

Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.