Increase font size
Topic Title: BRITEX !!!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 24 June 2016 10:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 24 June 2016 10:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

acsinuk

I trust that engineers realise that this referendum was not anti European but rather a protest vote about over regulation and lack of jobs both of which affect our economy adversely.

To overcome the first we need to simplify to one page maximum all regulations/directives and add government or EU recommendation on how the regulation could be achieved but these are not mandatory. The office of deputy prime minister did an excellent job in starting this off.

To provide more jobs now that we are so computer efficient means that we need to reduce the working week to just three and a half days per week and encourage a shift work system as NHS, supermarkets, large stores, service industries and spares already do. 6 to 2, and 2 till 10.
Your comments on other approaches would be welcome.
 24 June 2016 11:32 AM

DarrenBarker

Does exiting the Eu mean we are going back to Red / Black.....?
 25 June 2016 05:02 AM

ToniSM

Originally posted by: DarrenBarker

Does exiting the Eu mean we are going back to Red / Black.....?

Not unless we can opt out of the IEC. There's time when I think that wouldn't be a bad idea.

-------------------------
Could there be a better way?

In theory yes, but in practice?
 28 June 2016 03:30 PM

johnnmann

Originally posted by: acsinuk

I trust that engineers realise that this referendum was not anti European but rather a protest vote about over regulation and lack of jobs both of which affect our economy adversely.

To overcome the first we need to simplify to one page maximum all regulations/directives and add government or EU recommendation on how the regulation could be achieved but these are not mandatory. The office of deputy prime minister did an excellent job in starting this off.

I would generally agree, but I would say it was PERCEIVED over regulation. There have been a lot of complaints about "red tape" but few examples. I don't really see a problem. If I design an electrical machine I apply EN60204. 125 pages but quite straightforward. If I'm asked is my machine safe I say yes, it meets EN60204. Now suppose the regulation just said "your machine must be safe" I would probably have to generate my own 125 page document explaining how I had made it safe!

Originally posted by: acsinuk
To provide more jobs now that we are so computer efficient means that we need to reduce the working week to just three and a half days per week and encourage a shift work system as NHS, supermarkets, large stores, service industries and spares already do. 6 to 2, and 2 till 10.

I agree with the advance of automation something like this, or maybe the suggested citizens income, is needed. It's a huge change from our present market system of work though.
 13 July 2016 06:00 PM

acsinuk

Thanks for your reply. We engineers need to stay in the EU so that we can try and simplify the paperwork. In my opinion all health and safety of personnel should only ever be entered as recommendations separate from real requirement concerning the technical data like temperature class of insulation, creepage and clearance, voltage and impulse testing and winding security and endurance plus abuse testing.
Concerning moving everyone onto shift work this is necessary as I believe that people have a right to work and obtain self respect and dignity. It is just too depressing wasting time filling in endless CV;s if there are no jobs
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.