Increase font size
Topic Title: Master degree that's will get me a job
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10 June 2014 01:14 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10 June 2014 01:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Gialtsin

Hello fellow engineers,

Could somebody give me his advice on the matter, I am interested doing a Masters degree but I don't know what to choose.I am looking for something that will get me a job once I graduate. What is in demand ?

Many thanks,
Gialtsin
 13 June 2014 09:43 AM

dianabsmith

Petroleum engineering - still plenty of jobs in the oil industry for good PE graduates, especially abroad. In the UK it's run at Heriot Watt in Edinburgh and Imperial College London that I know of. PM me if you would like some more info.
 17 June 2014 10:34 AM

HarryDecia

Hi friend , these are the couses in which you can make your career and bright your future.they cost you high but shine you.
. Automation & Robotics Engineering
. Civil Engineering
. Mechanical Engineering
. Automobile Engineering
. Electronics & Electrical Engineering
. Electronics & Communication Engineering
. Information Technology
 09 July 2014 02:10 PM

snagpad

Hello Friend ! I am John. I am a new user here. All these are the best courses, but choose one of in which you have interest.
 13 July 2014 12:47 PM

Gialtsin

Thank you very much for replying everybody it has been very helpful.
 13 July 2014 03:35 PM

Quintomorphasim

I think if you follow engineering into the petroleum industry you adopt a psychology and method that is really part of the problem than the solution, so I would recommend looking into sustainability at every level of your education and career choices. I think with a workable life philosophy that reinforces the intrinsic value of life through its principles and methods you will find work that is very rewarding, engineering a brighter future. Also look at the most transferable skill sets: computer science, materials science, electrical and mechanical engineering, logistics, management etc. Also get into trends research to know where and when the best new opportunities are and you never know, you might one day create your own job by inventing a new field of engineering.
 16 July 2014 10:35 AM

MHK

Hi Gialtsin,

Given that you will spend half of your life in work first and foremost do something which you enjoy . In terms of courses theres a shortage of engineers right across the industry so the world is your oyster.

Personally I see a big shortage of good C&I engineers at the moment. Long term I don't think you would be without work if you went into controls, however, I would suggest that while you are doing your degree it would be worthwhile doing an industrial placement as experience is still considered more valuable that a piece of paper.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.