Increase font size
Topic Title: Electrical engineer?
Topic Summary: Electrical engineer
Created On: 15 March 2014 07:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 15 March 2014 07:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Chrisjepson

I am a time served electrician with ten years expirence . I am looking to become an electrical engineer can anyone tell me what I need qualifications wise and where do I start.
Thanks
 15 March 2014 08:09 PM

ectophile

Given that the term "engineer" isn't protected in the UK, all you need is to go out and buy a set of business cards with the words "electrical engineer" on them. No qualifications required.

Chartered Electrical Engineer is another matter, but since it's no longer offered by the IET, no amount of qualifications will get you it.

-------------------------
S P Barker BSc PhD MIET
 16 March 2014 01:28 PM

keddy1989

Hi Chris I am also an installation electrician and had the same problem. Depends on what type of engineer you wish to become e.g. building services engineering so designing distribution, lighting schemes etc or electrical engineering which could be UPS, PLC etc. Being as your already an electrician you should look into doing a HNC in building engineering services which will also grant you technician status on your gold ECS card. I am currently doing a HND in building engineering services and NVQ level 5 in construction management as part of a HASBE higher apprenticeship at Leicester College. Hope this helps.
 18 March 2014 03:42 AM

SAVIO

Hi Chris, you can also try to join a professional engineering institution and become a member.
You can try to apply for jobs of electrical engineer post.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.