Increase font size
Topic Title: Master Education Online/Distannce
Topic Summary: MS Energy Management
Created On: 18 February 2014 11:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 18 February 2014 11:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

althafpk

i am a Graduate Electrical Engineer from India, Presently am working in one Energy Consultancy.I have More than Eight years Experience in this sector.I want to do Accredited Masters or MBA in Power or Energy Management through online or correspondence.So Kindly advise
 18 February 2014 06:55 PM

mbirdi

Here is an example of one course, including information on online MBA

Lists of accredited courses are as follows:

IET accredited courses

IMechE accredited courses

Institute of Energy accredited courses

Hope that helps.

Edited: 18 February 2014 at 07:01 PM by mbirdi
 19 February 2014 12:18 PM

kasese

Just noticed that the MSc (University of Teesside - Process Manufacturing Management) I did in 2002 shows as accredited 2007-2012 on the IMechE list - My interview panel thought it was CPD only.

Tim Guy
 19 February 2014 10:10 PM

mbirdi

Well it looks like your university, in 2002, didn't have that special tutor prepared to give up their time and effort in getting the degree accredited. But they got it right in 2007.

It just goes to show registration depends on corporation and exchange of money.

At the end of the day, for every single engineer getting on the CEng registration, about 100 engineers won't get registered. I cannot see how this benefits the CEng engineer in the real world.
 19 February 2014 11:16 PM

westonpa

It will give the CEng engineer a chance where the employer requires it, it's also useful for gaining other status's/registrations within other countries and which may be required for overseas work and it will obviously be useful for those who want the status for their own personal reasons. But for the most part and for most jobs obviously it is not an essential requirement. The danger is when employers, not so much the bigger ones who understand it, get to hear about these status's and set them as a requirement and without actually really understanding what they are about. For example I see quite a few jobs requiring Chartered Safety or Engineering Professionals which clearly do not require the Chartership to do the job and you almost get situations where you can end up with well qualified and experienced persons not applying for a job whereas the newly Chartered and less experienced persons apply and thus the employer chooses from the best of what is available when actually the best was not available because they did not apply. I do however accept there will be rarer jobs which do require someone at the CEng level and that is fair enough.

Regards.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.