Increase font size
Topic Title: EU Leadership
Topic Summary: Maintaining a proper perspective
Created On: 06 October 2013 11:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06 October 2013 12:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jencam

The argument that the EU has prevented wars in (western) Europe since 1945 is a mountain of rubbish. Various other factors have simultaneously contributed to this situation pushing the EU low down on the list.

I can see the EU resulting in the potential for civil war or guerilla war in the future.
 06 October 2013 04:13 PM

jencam

Originally posted by: westonpa
I have to agree with you and I think many of today's political leaders are of a very low standard.

I have been saying this almost every day since 1990. Margaret Thatcher will be controversial until the end of time, and I disagree with many things she believed in or implemented, but I consider her to be the last of the great statesmen. Since her departure Britain has had a series of low quality prime ministers and equally bad opposition leaders with no end in sight. Most EU commissioners are awful.
 07 October 2013 05:22 PM

rossall

Just a reminder that the IET forums are intended for discussion between engineers, and this particular category is for technical engineering topics (that do not fit into a more specific engineering category).

IET members will naturally hold differing views on current political issues, but such discussions are not within the scope of the IET as a body.

Regards

-------------------------
David Rossall
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.