IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Establishing Reliability Test Data
Topic Summary: Looking for literature on establishing the number of tests required
Created On: 05 June 2013 09:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05 June 2013 09:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dlane

Hi,

Can't find anywhere specific to put this question so have slotted it into this general engineering in the hope that the right people find it.

I am after information / papers / literature on the appropriate / optimal number of tests to carry out on a piece of electrical apparatus to establish the reliability of its operating time.

I will be looking to carry out a set of tests on the apparatus some time in the near future to try and establish if there is a statistical difference between the apparatus that I could use to provide the financial benefits of using a particular item.

Would there be anybody who could point me in the direction of some information?

Kind regards

Donald Lane
 06 June 2013 07:20 AM

DavidParr

http://www.sars.org.uk/

Safety & Reliability Society

Regards,

-------------------------
David Parr BSc.CEng MIET
PRA
 06 June 2013 09:15 PM

dlane

Many thanks gents, I have had a preliminary look on there and only really found basic information that says it is dependent upon a few factors such as use, desired confidence interval, testing costs and time etc.

Alan, I have a kind of a sensitivity analysis based upon data obtained from plant systems so I will have a look at that along with the expected number of operations. I am not really going into component failure as such I am more concerned about apparatus falling outside of it operating time due to process variations more than failures. If that makes sense.

Kind regards

Donald Lane
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.