Increase font size
Topic Title: Why can't magnetic field lines cross each other
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06 October 2010 11:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06 October 2010 11:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

zafrulah

As the title says could please someone answer this question ? Someone has already tried explaining it to me but I don't understand.
 04 December 2010 11:24 PM

Legh

I'm surprised nobody has got back to you on this one since this is the most likely place to come to for answers relating to magnetism, electromagnetism and electromagnetic induction

Think of magnetic energy as an onion
Each layer is supported by the lower layers and from 1st principles they form complete bands; take the shortest possible route, ie. in contraction, but at the same time the energy flowing in the same direction is in repulsion.

So we have bands of energy each repelling one another but also compact due to conserving its length of magnetic path.

A sort of energy field which when acted upon by outside influences such as a conductor will release or convert its energy in the form of an emf in the conductor.

Legh

-------------------------
Why do we need Vernier Calipers when we have container ships?

http://www.leghrichardson.co.uk

"Science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space - but any objections."
 06 December 2010 02:44 PM

Backintime

Originally posted by: zafrulah

As the title says could please someone answer this question ? Someone has already tried explaining it to me but I don't understand.

It will be useful to know which part of 'why can't magnetic field lines cross each other' that you don't understand. E.g., do you know the physical significance of magnetic field lines or the properties of 'magnetic field lines' etc?

You might be able to answer your own questions if you read books on 'electromagnetism' from the IET online Knovel library. It's free if you are an IET member (Student or other grades).
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.