IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: American looking for more info on UK Hazardous Location electrical devices
Topic Summary: U.S. sales reps haven't been able to help
Created On: 16 August 2013 12:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 16 August 2013 12:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

phowardtx

I'm looking for Class I Div II or similarly rated European devices for hazardous location use on aircraft maintenance stands. We've used the below products on maintenance stands using American standard voltage/frequency, but I need to find equivalent products rated for use with 415/240V/3ph/50Hz. Can anyone refer me to a product rep, website, catalog, anything that could point me in the right direction of the products I need to specify? So far the sales reps I've talked to are clueless (as am I) on where to find the European equivalents to these devices.

The maintenance stands are portable and contain plugs and receptacles to connect 1) from the service to the panel, 2) connect from stand to stand, and 3) a BS1363 Receptacle for plugging in equipment to work on the planes.

Panel: Crous-Hinds #D2PB15-12-20
Panel RCPT: Crous-Hinds #SRD6524
Panel Plug: Crous-Hinds #SP6565-NW

Outlet Box: Appleton #GRT75
Stand to stand Plug: Appleton #CES2214
Stand to stand RCPT: Appleton #CPH-3034BC
Duplex Receptacle: Appleton #EFSC275-2023 (this needs to be a 13A, 250V, switched duplex British Standard 1363)

My apologies if these catalog numbers mean nothing, but maybe you can point me to an online catalog where I might something similar to these?

THANKS!!
 16 August 2013 12:40 AM

phowardtx

Also, I should've mentioned the codes that are applicable in the jurisdiction these are being installed:
a. MEW R-1, Regulations for Electrical Installations
b. MEW S-1, General Specification for Electrical Installation.
c. What's not covered in a and b is defaulted to NEC
 16 August 2013 08:20 AM

irnbru

Try

www.coopercrouse-hinds.eu/en

www.ceag.de

cooper crouse-hinds now part of Eaton
 16 August 2013 01:05 PM

AJJewsbury

What sort of hazardous area is this? not really my area, but it's just that a 13A socket doesn't really feel compatible with any kind of explosive atmosphere.

BTW - the whole of Europe, including the UK, is now on a nominal 230/400V system (+10%/-6%) rather than 240/415 - so if you're searching on line, the newer figures might yield better results.

- Andy.
 18 August 2013 06:34 AM

vijayyargal

I have some contacts in avionics integration for the European equivalent devices. Will pass on. Regards.

-------------------------
Aerospace and Aviation w.r.t RFID applications.
 20 August 2013 05:46 PM

phowardtx

Originally posted by: AJJewsbury

What sort of hazardous area is this? not really my area, but it's just that a 13A socket doesn't really feel compatible with any kind of explosive atmosphere.

These will be installed on maintenance stands for aircraft, and since they will be around aircraft fuel, need to be explosion proof or whatever the equivalent "rating" is. I believe the location is Kuwait but I'm not completely sure, I have limited info.

Also, the BS 1363 receptacle socket will be switched, so there won't be a spark when you plug it in.
 20 August 2013 05:47 PM

phowardtx

Originally posted by: vijayyargal

I have some contacts in avionics integration for the European equivalent devices. Will pass on. Regards.

Please do if you can, that would be so helpful. Thanks!
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.