Increase font size
Topic Title: IET Airfield Engineering Hot Topic Event 2012
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07 May 2012 04:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07 May 2012 04:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SGMartin

The IET Airfield Engineering section is planning to host a hot topic event at Austin Court, Birmingham in late September this year.

The idea would be to hold a day event with a number of speakers from the Airfield Community.

We are interested in feedback and contributions from the industy to see if there is sufficient support for such an event and what topics would be of most interest for discussion on the day.

Topics suggested so far have been:

AGL Safety and Competency
LED Lighting and developments in power supplies
Critical Airside Asset Management

Please post your thoughts on the idea and along with any futher suggestions you might have.
 30 June 2012 09:54 PM

stableford

If you can make it the first week of September, I'm in the country, coming from Canada. If not, can some of it be recorded, for me to review.
 13 September 2012 07:31 PM

rcharris

Hi I am fairly new to this forum is the event going ahead?
I would be very interested having worked on AGL for 25 years!!
 04 October 2012 09:27 PM

StephenWarland

Thanks for your message.

The event did go ahead and we had a very good attendance.

The presentations were recorded for broadcast on IET.tv and will be available shortly. I will let you know when they are available to view.

In the meantime you may also be interested in viewing the Airfield Engineering presentations available to view on the Power Generation, Conversion and Utilisation (PGCU) Airfield Engineering web page such as those recorded during the AGL Conference at Warwick University in May 2012.

Do have a look and let us have your comments. Please pass this on to anyone else who may be interested to make them aware of the PGCU and its Airfield Engineering section.

The link to the PGCU home page is http://mycommunity.theiet.org/communities/home/61

You can access the Airfield Engineering page from the PGCU page by clicking on the links on the right hand side of the page or by going to http://www.theiet.org/communit.../index.cfm?origin=myc

Anyone can access these pages, they don't need to be an IET member but they will need to register.

Hope this is of help. Do take a look at some of the other event presentations that we have recorded for IET.tv.

Stephen Warland

-------------------------
StephenWarland
 14 October 2012 04:13 PM

SGMartin

I can confirm that the event was very well received by those that attended and we are already being asked to run another similar event in the future.

If you have any ideas for topics in Airfield Engineering, that you feel would be of interest, then please put them forward via this discussion forum.

For those that missed this year's event, the presentations should soon be available to view on IET.tv and wil be accessable via a link from the Airfield Engineering Webpage.

Thanks again to all those that attended and helped make the first event a success.

Steve Martin
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.