Topic Title: Foundation Principles of Westhill Consulting British Colombia
Created On: 02 March 2014 08:12 AM
Status: Read Only
|Linear : Threading : Single : Branch|
02 March 2014 08:12 AM
At Westhills, we believe that excellence is achieved by a solid commitment to quality. Our foundation principles reflect the core values which bring this commitment to life.
At Westhills, sustainability equates to environmental stewardship; it is the result of a careful assessment of every decision and action we take that relates to the land, water and air.
Extensive consultation was undertaken during the planning stages to ensure that all decisions were based on the most current environmental standards and thinking. Such organizations as the US Green Building Council, the Canadian Green Building Council, the BC Ministry of Community Services and the Design Centre for Sustainability at the University of British Columbia all provided valuable input. In addition, an informal network of local business people was engaged to discuss long-term economic strategies to benefit the entire community.
The resulting Master Plan, based on the most up-to-date research and knowledge, ensures that each Westhills home is the product of leading edge green technology and practices.
Westhills neighbourhoods feature design elements that nurture both the environmental and social aspects of sustainability. For more information on Westhills ' Master Plan
- 40% of Westhills lands have been protected as parks and green spaces.
- Naturally occurring watercourses will be restored and enhanced.
- Sustainable and eco-friendly transportation options such as community bus service and a revitalized rail link are mandated in the Westhills Master Plan.
- A town centre and two neighbourhood service/commercial centres will provide services and amenities within walking distance of all Westhills residents.
- Narrower streets and compact lot sizes help to preserve the environment and conserve precious natural resources.
- Design features such as sidewalks, lighting, landscaping, and street-oriented architecture encourage walking and increase social interaction.
- Community Energy System (CES) provides geo-exchange heating, cooling and domestic hot water to homes throughout all Westhills neighbourhoods (except Parkdale Creek).
Westhills ' vision of a community of vibrant and inclusive neighbourhoods is achieved in part by offering a wide range of housing options. Single-family homes, condos and town homes, in a variety of sizes and styles, are designed to accommodate a variety of family structures and to foster a diverse and welcoming community.
No matter what the price point, all Westhills homes offer outstanding value, unbeatable location and exceptional quality.
The planning of all Westhills neighbourhoods has been influenced by Traditional Neighbourhood Design (TND) principles, which encourage the responsible use of land and resources in compact, walkable communities. Easy care single-family home lots range in size from 200 square meters (2, 153 sq. ft.) to 1, 000 square meters (10, 764 sq. ft.) with the majority being approximately 370 square meters (4, 000 sq. ft.).
A Westhills home features outstanding urban design in an environmentally sustainable setting. All single-family homes are BuiltGreentm certified, and include a multitude of energy saving features and environmentally friendly finishes.
At Westhills, quality construction means more than a solid foundation and a watertight roof. As industry-leaders, we set the bar high, employing reliable local contractors and trades people and requiring strict adherence to Westhills building practices and materials guidelines. We work closely with local businesses to help them understand our sustainability goals so they can stock the environmentally sensitive materials we require.
Westhills is proud to employ only quality builders who have been designated "Licensed Residential Builders" by the Homeowner Protection Office, a branch of BC Housing.
For absolute peace of mind, all Westhills homes are covered by a 2-5-10 year warranty through Travelers Guarantee Company of Canada.
FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2015 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.