Increase font size
Topic Title: Career CHangee
Topic Summary: tired of dull 9-5
Created On: 22 January 2014 10:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 22 January 2014 10:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

opmelectronics

I am considering Taking a year and a half out of work to learn an specialize in embedded C programming ..and improve my assembly language at the same time...

I want to be my own boss and work on different projects and i see this the only way

any advice on this ......I was also considering doing a Phd if that will help

........Im ok with money i dont need much to live on ...a roof and food is enough ...and i haave saved enuff.......

my background is ....I graduated with a first class degree in electronics and electrical engineering (2013) and worked 9 months as a medical service engineer ....

any advice or oinions are welcome.....

thank you
 24 January 2014 04:38 AM

hjeff045

That's sure Doing phd definitely helps you there are lots of website like freelancer.com which can helps you to become your own boss. There are lots of of project you can choose from them and start working on.

-------------------------
https://au.igrads.com
 24 January 2014 08:30 AM

DeepikaCh

Hi,

Instead of C programming, do Bigdata Analytics which has a brighter future and become a consultant where in you can solve both your wishes of becoming your own boss and doing Ph.D.

Facts about Bigdata Analytics:

Based on Harvard Business Review a data scientist is considered the "sexiest" job of the 21st century.
(hbr.org/2012/10/data-scientist-the-sexiest-job-of-the-21st-century/)

AOL calls it the hottest job you haven't heard of
(jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/08/10/data-scientist-the-hottest-job-you-havent-heard-of/)

Big data analytics is a hot new field within data science. According to a recent Gartner report Big Data Analytics will create 1.9 million IT jobs in the United States, and 4.4 million jobs globally, by 2015.
(Link removed/technology/research/big-data/)

Analytics India and Techwire.net survey about salaries
(analyticsindiamag.com/analytics-india-salary-study-2012/)
(techwire.net/oreilly-media-surveys-big-data-salaries/)

So based on the above facts/reports, I feel that opting for Certification programs in Bigdata analytics is good option at present. Recently Analytics India Magazine has conducted a poll on this. You can check the details at analyticsindiamag.com/top-8-analytics-training-institutes-in-india/

INSOFE (International School of Engineering) is listed as one of the top 8 Analytics training Institutes in India and most of the students have studied in that institute.

Regards,
Deepika
 07 March 2014 12:17 PM

smileyy789

Yes definitely this is the time to become yourself. If you want to become your own boss then you should be perfect in that field. You can becoming perfect only by gaining knowledge.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.