IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: New and Need Advice Pleassseee :-)
Topic Summary: My future
Created On: 26 October 2013 06:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 26 October 2013 06:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

IsaKiwanuka

A Big Hello from me

I was interested in gaining Engineering Technician Membership (EngTech).

I have read the information on your website which was very useful but I am still unsure about a few things.

A bit of information about my background is that I graduated (2013) from Leeds Metropolitan with a 1st class degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering (degree is not accredited) and also have a BTEC National Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Chesterfield College.

I have been working for a small company for over 6 months as a Medical Service Engineer and I mainly deal with the repair and calibration of medical equipment.

Will it be hard for me to gain EngTech and what route will I have to go down????

In the Future I will be applying for a Job with the NHS as a Clinical Engineer or Technologist ..helping repair and calibrating their equipment...

.I would like to know if any one is in a role similar to this with the NHS and if they can provide me with direction in what I can do to help me reach that goal....

I also want to keep improving my knowledge and practical skills in the role of electronics in medical devices .....I can not afford to do a Masters in Biomedical Engineering and further my studies so would like to know if there are any practical and informative short courses or CPD courses I can do

So far I plan to do the Level 3 in PAT Testing and also a few IPC course to help improve my soldering skills....

I am a very practical person and enjoy repairing and building electronics

Any help would be very welcome

Thank You for your time
 26 October 2013 06:15 PM

IsaKiwanuka

and its a B.Eng Hons degree
 25 March 2014 11:29 AM

hjeff045

If you are a practical person then you can gain knowledge by doing practical work at job. You can gain knowledge by doing live projects.

-------------------------
https://au.igrads.com
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.