IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Next steps after engineering degree
Topic Summary: Dual Masters in engineering and business management?
Created On: 18 July 2013 10:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 18 July 2013 10:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

JainiBhansali

Hi,
This is not related to the above query but i have a query regarding the next step i should take just after i have completed my engineering.I have graduated this year and got a call from Infosys to join their company.I want to study ahead but carry on a dual degree which is a Masters in engineering and business management. What would you suggest i take up ? Also is doing a dual degree in the above mentioned field prospective?? Advise and views are welcome.
Thank you
Jaini Bhansali
 02 September 2013 11:32 AM

kengreen

Jaini,

there are two types of engineer:
(a) one trained in theory
(b) one with practical experience but only a limited knowledge of theory

Of course, the most useful is the man or woman who can show that they belong in both categories. Speaking for myself, and assuming that I had to make a choice, I would choose type b; the man who lacks experience is more likely to commit boo-boos and simultaneously be the cause of damage. In your early years try to equip yourself in both camps.

Ken Green
 31 October 2013 01:47 PM

davidburke

Jaini,

My experiences have shown that it is practical to both take a job whilst continuing with CPD doing courses part time or over distance learning. I completed a 4 year engineering apprenticeship whilst simultaneously doing an ONC and then HNC in electrical/electronic engineering, on completion I was offered a Project Engineering role and a chance to continue my CPD by going to University studying BEng electrical/electronic engineering. I have also completed an APM project management course which has aided me in my job and will aid me in my career choices going forward.

I would note that this way can become stressful at times and you must sacrifice a lot of your spare time, however if you plan and keep on top of your workload, I believe this method of balancing both academia with industry experience can be very beneficial and rewarding going forward.

David
 06 December 2013 06:18 AM

hjeff045

I think you should join the infosys job. I think this is right choice for you because I don't like study.

-------------------------
https://au.igrads.com
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.