Increase font size
Topic Title: Ideas for a final year university project
Topic Summary:
Created On: 24 May 2013 02:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 24 May 2013 02:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jwestlake7

Hi, my name is Jamie Westlake and I am starting my final year of university in September studying Electrical Engineering. I have to do a final year project and I want to get a bit of a head start on this and need to come up with a few possible projects so was wondering if anyone had any project ideas or research topics that would be good/interesting? Many thanks in advance.
 29 May 2013 02:06 PM

Rubaiswd

Hi, my name is rubby. i have just finished from university and waiting to graduate towards the end of the year. i did a degree course in mechanical engineering. i did my project in medical engineering, it was challenging but interesting and i have learnt a lot. i personally wanted to go out a bit to see what else there is outside the walls of machines n engines. it was quite surprising but exciting to me to discover how medicine and engineering can be related so much.
ok, back to your project, you could look at mechatronics, principles of electronics, principles of engineering, the electrical part of gas turbine power generation, the list goes on and on. but just see what you can come up with in these areas.
 30 May 2013 01:15 PM

amandalewin

Originally posted by: jwestlake7

Hi, my name is Jamie Westlake and I am starting my final year of university in September studying Electrical Engineering. I have to do a final year project and I want to get a bit of a head start on this and need to come up with a few possible projects so was wondering if anyone had any project ideas or research topics that would be good/interesting? Many thanks in advance.

Hi I would try and pick something in the area your most interested in. You will put a lot of work into your final project so its important that its on something that your not gonna get bored of after a week!

-------------------------
Amanda

'At some point we all must chose between what is right and what is awesome'
 06 June 2013 12:46 PM

leighjenks

Hi jamie,

I graduated last year in mechatronics and did a mechanical/ electrical load cell. Since you are studying Electrical Engineering I suggest you stick to that. Possibly a comparison between a relayed controlled circuit and PLC control. This will give you a good start to the electrical industry and give you lots to write about. You could do cable calcs, AutoCAD drawing, build and discuss space saving etc.

Hope it helps

Leigh Jenks
 24 February 2014 07:39 AM

hjeff045

There are lots of projects in electrical engineering but I suggest you to this project: Controlling ac lamp dimmer through mobile phone(IEEE2010)..

-------------------------
https://au.igrads.com
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.