Increase font size
Topic Title: Control Engineering
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11 June 2011 10:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11 June 2011 10:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

danc2188

Hi,

I'm just basically looking for some more information about the direction of my career. Right now i work for a company that is so diverse i am getting work experience in all kinds of fields. I primarily worked designing control systems which i have now been doing for 3 years, mainly control panels for projects. I love my job and i am becoming more involved in Automation via PLC's (mainly Mitsubishi, some Siemens and starting Allen Bradley as well) I am 22 years old and have just completed my HNC with an overall Distinction and looking into grants for my BEng.

What it is i want to ask is does anybody have any advice as to what doors i can open by continuing with this type of programming skill? I love to work and really enjoy working in engineering but i just want some information on the kinds of jobs or careers it can lead to?

Sorry to sound so 'un-informed' but if i look at it with a beginner attitude I am more open to suggestions.

Thank You for any replies.

-------------------------
ipsa scientia potestas est
 14 June 2011 07:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

danc2188

Thank you very much for the advice you took time to give me there mbirdi, I can see what you mean with regards to speicalising in a certain subject. I sometimes have a clear and focused head on my shoulders regarding work but sometimes, usually during a heavy work load or slack work load period i find myself questioning what it is i can do to pregress, career wise and if i should be doing this and not that, etc etc.

I guess nothing is for certain, the only thing that i can think is would be that i need to continue doing what i'm doing and see what comes of it.

Thank you again.

Dan

-------------------------
ipsa scientia potestas est
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.