Increase font size
Topic Title: Starting a professional in-house club in my workplace
Topic Summary: Would a general technical club on web design be a good idea
Created On: 02 June 2011 05:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02 June 2011 05:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

deleted_1_Nimer

I currently work as a quality assurance technician, for a leading company in consumer & industrial electronics. The worker population, like most large organisations, are mixed between technicians/engineers, warehouse hands & office administrators.

The company I work for allows workers to form clubs that are of a sicial nature or that can teach/enhance their members' skillsets; I have the idea of starting a web design club, which would serve as an open forum for co-workers who want to learn HTML & other aspects of web design.

I've brought my idea to the attention of the company's HR department (who controls such things) & am awaiting their approval (though I did gather from the lead administrator that she liked the idea).

My question is this; how practical would you guys think it is to have a technically-oriented club in such a company (where each worker is bound to have different levels of knowledge in such a field)? Would it be a benefit, or could the amount of interest in such a field die off once the ball is rolling?

-------------------------
Technology: something that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists & technicians!

( Lousy modern technology! )
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.