IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: living near Sunderland
Topic Summary: i'm moving job to the area, can anyone advise on where to live?
Created On: 14 July 2009 11:32 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 14 July 2009 11:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tomhlaing

How do all,

I'm being relocated with work at our Sunderland plant...
I'm going to be up there for about 18 months or so, but have no idea of where's good, bad, cheap, expensive etc.

I don't really want to live in Sunderland itself (sorry if there are any maccum's on this forum!)

So for those who studied in the area, live there or are from the area orginally: can you advise on where is half decent to live, that is about 20 to 30 mins drive away, not to expensive where I can get a 1 or 2 bedroom place with a driveway.

Other than the plant, what i've seen on Biker Grove and St. James Park, i know very little about the area!

Also, if you happen to be looking for a tenent in that part of the world.......

cheers

-------------------------
Tom Hlaing MEng CEng MIET
Council Member
Membership & Professional Development Board
Young Professional Forum
 05 August 2009 06:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dvaidr

Good Luck with the move. All I can say is don't live in Sunderland or south of the tyne for that matter, although Durham City is passable. Sunderland is a terrible city which is full of mackems. The Northumberland coast is nice. I'm originaly from Morpeth and lived nearby in a coastal village for a good number of years. You would need to think of the travel, of course. The tyne tunnel is manic in the morning and evening rush hours and the tyne bridge is just out of bounds. A word of advice though - never relate Sunderland to St James in the same paragraph, even if it is a tenuous link.....!
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.