Topic Title: Good article on challenges faced in realization of AR technology
Topic Summary:
Created On: 18 October 2013 10:06 AM
Related E&T article: Developing augmented reality apps
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 18 October 2013 10:06 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

bharatparikh

The article comprehensively captures the problems faced by app developers while developing apps based on AR technology. In addition to some hardware related limitation I think there are also limitations in terms of devising some innovative value-added offering using AR technology. We need more and more innovative ideas for implementing this technology to solve real world problems. The technology is going through the same phase as Stereoscopic 3D was going through sometime back. Once, we have large corporations embracing the AR technology and more toolkits available for developers to develop their apps we should see the technology progressing to the next phase of mass adoption.

I have recently developed an Android game named Temple Treasure Hunt based on AR technology. I went precisely through same challenges as articulated in this article. The game is available at:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thoughtshastra.templetreasure

Have a look.
 06 November 2013 06:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

prasadms

Good effort . However if you notice the philosophy of Augmented Reality ( AR) technique is based on lot of thought process and organisation of abstract into definite solution which they say Blending with new idea.
here only the restriction comes.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.