Increase font size
Topic Title: Which appliance to buy?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 25 April 2010 10:01 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 25 April 2010 10:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

silvian100

I have shifted to my new home. I need to buy a whole range of kitchen appliances like microwave , refrigerator, dishwasher etc. I have come across these three brands - GE, Whirlpool and Kenmore. Which one should I go for? Should I consider different brands for different appliances.

26 April 2010 11:00 AM

normcall

That really is a personal decision.
Remember that most appliances are made abroad and you need to look at what finish goes with your kitchen, what facilities you want etc.
For example, I have a Tricity brown ceramic hob and fitted oven unit - complete with separate top oven and bottom oven/grill. The clock has stopped.
Her indoors has been going on for ages about a nice new kitchen. The stumbling block at the moment is replacing the oven unit with something similar. Just finding a oven without a drop down main oven door is a challenge without worrying about separate grill/oven and clock that works. I won't even mention the small size of modern hobs.

In answer to your question, different brands with similar finishes with the features you want is the answer.

-------------------------
Norman
 26 April 2010 12:37 PM

OMS

Originally posted by: silvian100

I have shifted to my new home. I need to buy a whole range of kitchen appliances like microwave , refrigerator, dishwasher etc. I have come across these three brands - GE, Whirlpool and Kenmore. Which one should I go for? Should I consider different brands for different appliances.

Refrigerator Filter

You should buy the most energy efficient rated appliances of course

Regards

OMS

Failure is always an option
 26 April 2010 01:28 PM

ectophile

Buy the brand and model you like best. You could scour the technical details in the brochures and try to calculate what is best, but whatever you bought in the end would be a compromise. But if you buy the product you liked most, it will always be the one you wanted.

S P Barker BSc PhD MIET
 26 April 2010 01:28 PM

ectophile

Buy the brand and model you like best. You could scour the technical details in the brochures and try to calculate what is best, but whatever you bought in the end would be a compromise. But if you buy the product you liked most, it will always be the one you wanted.

S P Barker BSc PhD MIET
 28 April 2010 09:22 AM

pearium34

That's nice thanks
 30 April 2010 10:19 PM

CLT

Hi,

Don't think this is the right forum...

The anyone know spacing for down-lights. The down-lights are 80mm diameter, 50W output? These are for a kitchen.

Many thanks,

Chris.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.