Increase font size
Topic Title: GCGI Accreditation
Topic Summary:
Created On: 26 March 2013 11:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 26 March 2013 11:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

martind485

I already have IEng accreditation and have been looking into GCGI accreditation, which I understand I can achieve by simply filling in the application form.

However, is there any professional benefit to having this as a post nominal on your CV? As an active job seeker, would this set me aside from others?
 14 June 2013 03:19 PM

mbirdi

Originally posted by: martind485
I already have IEng accreditation and have been looking into GCGI accreditation, which I understand I can achieve by simply filling in the application form.

However, is there any professional benefit to having this as a post nominal on your CV? As an active job seeker, would this set me aside from others?

As I understand it GCGI is C&G's graduate level award and you can collect it at a ceremony with the full dressing gear like they wear for University graduation. The difference is that you can frame the GCGI award whereas university degrees aren't really designed for framing; they are like a CV, listing your academic achievements.

As far as employment is concerned, all qualifications and distinctions are useful at application and job interview time, but employers really want you to demonstrate that you have the experience and skills for the job.
 09 July 2013 09:46 AM

SAVIO

GCGI has no real value in your job application.
Try other PEI membership or study OU degree.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.