Increase font size
Topic Title: Keeping your eye in
Topic Summary: Electrical Engineering
Created On: 04 February 2011 01:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04 February 2011 01:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

NGraham

Having been a Building Services Design Engineer since 1991 (electrician prior to that) I was primarily involved with designing electrical installations (+ security systems, etc) on a variety of projects.

For the last few years, I have been employed as an M&E Project Manager dealing with Healthcare and Educational Construction Projects and also provide technical advice to colleagues on other projects.

However, I am concious that my skills are developing into a more "all-round" approach to construction, gaining knowledge of building related matters, mechanical installations, finance, contractual issues, etc, etc.

Although I find his role perfectly suited to me (as I like to be involved with everything) I am concious that I am leaving my first "love" of electrical engineering behind.

With this in mind, I was wondering if anyone was aware of any "refresher" type courses on building services (electrical bias, but including mechanical services) just so I can keep my eye in --- i am not looking to be sitting exams or undertaking courses on the 17th Edition (god knows I have done enough of that over the years), I am just simply looking for a broad brush update on rules/regulations and the like.

Any suggestions (even e-learning style) would be most appreciated.
 10 February 2011 02:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

BrookesP

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but you could try CPD seminars from various manufacturers. You can find manufacturers via the RIBA online CPD locater.

Link

Please also see the link below to view CIBSE's online CPD.
Linkhttp://www.cibsetraining.co.uk/online-learning/onlinecpd

Hope that is of some use to you.

-------------------------
"Excellence is the ability to do ordinary things, extraordinarily well."
John W. Gardner

"The capacity to learn is a gift;
The ability to learn is a skill;
The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice."

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today." Malcolm X
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.