Increase font size
Topic Title: Forum client
Topic Summary: Is there a forum client for Android or iOS
Created On: 13 November 2013 05:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 13 November 2013 05:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

apwebb

Hi

Are there any clients out there for Android or iOS that are compatible with our forums and support contributing ? It's tricky participating from a mobile.

Andy
 13 November 2013 06:12 PM

rossall

Yes, understood.

I'd like to see the forums working with Tapatalk or similar. However, the suppliers have not chosen to offer that, in spite of my efforts to persuade them.

We have considered custom building the server plug-in, but have not as yet had the time and resource available.

I'll chase the suppliers yet again, in case they've had a change of heart. We've done other things to integrate Fusetalk with the rest of our systems, so it's not a simple matter to swap it out.

Regards

-------------------------
David Rossall
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
 30 November 2013 08:23 PM

raymondfcragg

Would it be reasonable to say that an app is being developed for the iPhone but not Android based phones? If so I find it strange as the Android based phones are more widely used than the iPhone. It is the same with the E&T magazine. Available on iPad etc but not on Android platforms.
It appears that a certain bias exists within the IET
 02 December 2013 06:46 AM

g3xoi

No problem using iMac, iPad or iPhone here.

Alan

n.b. This message has a limited shelf life.
 02 December 2013 10:25 AM

rossall

raymondfcragg - I'm sorry, I am not sure that I understand your question as it affects the forums? At present, there is, I regret to say, no development of a mobile app for these forums for either Android or iPhone. Since the forum software is a commercial package, it would be for the suppliers to develop this.

The most likely route would be to implement compatibility with apps such as Tapatalk or ForumRunner. These basically work by adding a module to the forum software on the Web server, which interacts with the app on the user's mobile device. Each of them has both an Android and an iPhone app.

E&T Magazine is offered through a range of routes, of which the iPhone app is one and the magazine Web site is another.

Regards

David Rossall
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
 30 December 2013 11:47 AM

Morgen

I think this is a best platform for every business.It is not an easy task to allow everyone to get what they want from the website in the fastest possible manner.Discussion forum is listed on the home page but some may not be able to find it.
Thanks for sharing this information.
Oceanside Hotels | Camp Pendleton Hotel
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.