IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Diamond Jubilee Scholarship Qualifications?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 18 June 2013 04:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 18 June 2013 04:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Chrisszzyy

Hello,

I've recently had an email from my University regarding the possibility of me being eligible of applying for the IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarship.

I will be starting my first year of a 4 year IET sandwich course in Computer Networking in September.

There is only one question which I can't find the answer too on the internet or your website; Do BTEC results count for anything towards the Diamond Jubilee Scholarship or is it just A-Levels?

The reason I ask is because I've just come out of college completing a 2 year BND Level 3 Extended Diploma in Computing & IT and (Fingers crossed when I get the certificates through) left with the grades; Distinction, Distinction, Distinction.

Is this convertible to A-Level results for the scholarship?

Many thanks for your replies,
Chris
 19 June 2013 02:57 PM

Linda D

Dear Chris,

Many thanks for your enquiry. The IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarships were introduced this year and due to limited funding the IET had to restrict the criteria for students applying for these awards. Unfortunately the BTEC diploma is not one of those accepted qualifications.

I am sorry that the IET is not able to help you with funding at this stage but you may find some useful information in the Alternative Sources of Financial Assistance document which is available as a download on this web page. If the course that you are studying is accredited by the IET you would also be eligible to apply for an IET Grant next year, please see information here.

Best wishes

Linda

-------------------------
Linda Deleay
Awards and Prizes Manager
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
 19 June 2013 03:12 PM

Chrisszzyy

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your reply. That's a shame.
I look forward to possibly applying for an IET Grant next year, as my course is IET accredited.

Many thanks,
Chris
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.