Increase font size
Topic Title: Ebook never arrived...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 19 February 2013 08:57 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 19 February 2013 08:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

deleted_1_JWElect

As per title, bought guidance note 3 as an eBook from the shop on the 12/12/2013 but its yet to arrive. Checking through my account it states that it has been "shipped".. does this mean it had been actually shipped with a courier etc or has it been emailed (as in how people would expect to receive eBooks,.. immediately after purchase)?

Thanks, and apologies if I have missed something, its the first time I have bought from the IET and expected it to be emailed that day?

Regards
 20 February 2013 08:33 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

ectophile

Personally, I wouldn't expect it to actually be sent to me at all. I would expect to log on to the service and see a new "download" option so that I could download the ebook to my reader.

-------------------------
S P Barker BSc PhD MIET
 20 February 2013 10:38 AM

deleted_1_JWElect

TBH im not quite sure if this what actually happens or an attempted snide remark? What I can say though is that I did have a good look around the MyIET section before i posted the above and there was nothing there regarding this item apart form a message to say it was shipped. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Would not be in a big hurry to buy anything thing from here again, The one and only email I received was to say payment had been approved,. then nothing. Even if people who know the way of here would just automatically "expect to log on to the service and see a new "download" option so that they could download the ebook to their reader", The rest of us regular ones might just need an email with instructions,.. Then we could come on and join in with the sarcy comments the next time someone is wondering where their ebook is too...
 20 February 2013 11:13 AM

deleted_1_JWElect

Ok, So I think i`ve found it the section you mention, however I`ve no available downloads... just a note to say its been shipped...

Payments/transactions
Membership receipts

You do not have any active membership receipts for your account.
Available downloads
You have not purchased any downloadable products from the web site shop
Online purchase history

Please allow 1 hour for new purchases to be listed.

Since January 2011:
Order ID:
IEO01235452
12 Feb 2013
£27.00
PWG3171U Gde Nt 3 Inspect Test 6 EB (Shipped)

Before January 2011:
You have not made any purchases from the web site shop before January 2011
 20 February 2013 01:31 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

ectophile

My comment was purely my expectation of what I would expect to happen if I ordered an intangible product, such as an ebook, from a web site - not specifically the IET.

It sounds like you need to contact the IET directly to find out what has happened. Perhaps they posted you a CD and it got lost in the post?

This is just a forum, full of IET members (not necessarily employees) and other non-members who have signed up. There's no guarantee that any of us will be able to give you any specific advice as to what has happened to your order.

-------------------------
S P Barker BSc PhD MIET
 20 February 2013 02:51 PM

stevenhit

Hi JWElect

Please can you contact the Customer Service department on 01438 767328 and ask for Steve?. The issue has been identified but we need to speak to you to resole this.

Regards

Steve
 21 February 2013 11:17 AM

deleted_1_JWElect

Originally posted by: ectophile

My comment was purely my expectation of what I would expect to happen if I ordered an intangible product, such as an ebook, from a web site - not specifically the IET.

It sounds like you need to contact the IET directly to find out what has happened. Perhaps they posted you a CD and it got lost in the post?

This is just a forum, full of IET members (not necessarily employees) and other non-members who have signed up. There's no guarantee that any of us will be able to give you any specific advice as to what has happened to your order.

Ok, Well in that case I apologize, and thank your for your advice. I `ll give them a call this morning and see what has happened with the book.

Many thanks
 21 February 2013 12:35 PM

stevenhit

Hi all

I'm really pleased to say that the situation has now been resolved.

Best Regards

Steve
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.