IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: BS 7671, new ammendment or 18th edition due soon?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 24 January 2013 12:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 24 January 2013 12:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

weirdbeard

Hi, any chance of a heads-up when to expect a DPC?
 25 January 2013 11:32 AM

mcoles

Hi, the next update to BS 7671:2008 is likely to be issued later this year (2013). It is expected that the update will be a new section - Section 722 Supplies for Electric Vehicles. There will not be a DPC for this update as HD 60364-7-722, on which Section 722 will be based, was made available by BSI for public comment at an earlier time.

Please bear in mind that Section 722 is still at the drafting stage and a publishing date has not yet been agreed by the JPEL/64 Committee.

It is possible to keep track of future documents coming through CENELEC by using the search facility at the following url:

http://www.cenelec.eu/

Looking at page 11 of BS 7671:2008(2011), a list of CENELEC Harmonization Documents is given showing the document on which a particular section or chapter of BS 7671 is based. Harmonized Documents cannot be fully accessed without payment but one is able to see the status, i.e. current, under review or withdrawn.

I hope this helps.

Mark Coles
Technical Regulations Manager
The Institution of Engineering and Technology

-------------------------
Mark Coles
 25 January 2013 08:40 PM

weirdbeard

Thanks for the reply and the link to future cenelec docs, though to be honest thats a bit above and beyond for me!

I assume that a new book incorporating the update will be available, but if it's only one section will there be a separate update available?

Thanks again
 28 January 2013 09:53 AM

mcoles

Hello again,
The update to BS 7671:2008 planned for 2013 will be available as a stand-alone document and not consolidated into a new edition of BS 7671. Rather like some amendments in the past, for example, the printed pages of the amendment could be inserted into the bound copy of BS 7671 and, together, they form the "current" version of BS 7671; the same rationale should be applied here.

As I pointed out in my previous post, much is still at the discussion stage and, perhaps, some of the information I'm trying to provide here may be overtaken by events. Once the decisions have been reached, full announcements will be made in the industry press.

-------------------------
Mark Coles
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.