Increase font size
Topic Title: Flipside Fiasco 2012
Topic Summary: The IET fails to deliver
Created On: 11 December 2012 11:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11 December 2012 11:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dmccull1

On 7 November 2012, I responded to the IET's advertising and ordered a subscription to Flipside magazine as a Christmas present. I submitted my American Express credit card details and received an email confirming my payment. Subsequently I received a letter from the company whom the IET entrusted with supplying the magazines, also confirming my order.
Yesterday, 10 December 2012, I received another letter from that company stating that they cannot accept payment by American Express, my order has been cancelled and I shall have to start again.. Now it is too late to order for Christmas, so this is impossible.
Rather than encouraging a child to take an interest in technology, this has demonstrated the failings of the people who use the technology to run their business.
I had expected better from a professional organisation.
 12 December 2012 02:14 PM

KatieHowe

Thank you for raising our attention to this matter.

Please be assured we will be sending out your gift subscription this week by first class post.

We will be investigating the American Express payment option as a matter of urgency. In the meantime, we have requested that the agency remove this payment method from their online order forms.

Best wishes
IET - Flipside team
 20 December 2012 11:52 AM

dmccull1

Thanks for investigating this, Katie.

When you resolve your payment issues, please ensure that I am NOT charged for this subscription.

Following your letter stating that my order had been cancelled, I bought an alternative Christmas present and I do not authorise you to take payment from my card for Flipside.

Thank you.
 20 December 2012 04:17 PM

KatieHowe

Please could you send me your email address asap,
khowe@theiet.org and I can confirm this with CDS, the external processing agency.

Best wishes & kind regards

Katie Howe
IET - Flipside Campaign Marketing Manager
khowe@theiet.org
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.