Increase font size
Topic Title: Engineering Visits
Topic Summary: Engineering
Created On: 04 December 2012 12:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04 December 2012 12:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jamesseddon

Hi all

I am a Electrical College Tutor at a local college and have been asked to teach our engineering school links programme, these students are 14-15 years old, six of them, I'm looking to take these student on an engineering visit.
These students would benefit from observing real life working, to reignite their spark in Electrical / Engineering.
I was wondering if any one would be so kind to offer to show our six students around any Electrical / Enginneeing industry.

James Seddon
 04 December 2012 01:06 PM

bpsbrooks

James
You do not say if you are an IET member, nor where you are. However, if you look at the IET website, find the Local Network in your area, and get in touch with them, they should be able to help - or point you in a more precise direction.

Also, look at our Education and Faraday pages on the website for schools liaison and see if there is someone already connected with your school / college (faraday@theiet.org).

Good luck with the initiative.

-------------------------
Barry Brooks
CEng FIET
President (2013-14)
Twitter: @ietpresident
 04 December 2012 01:46 PM

amillar

Hi James,

If your IET local network has a Schools' Liaison Officer (I believe most have now) they may well be able to help to some extent. Hopefully you are also in touch with your local STEMNET organisation who typically have the best links for local companies who can support you.

You may also wish to add to your post indicating where you are in the country in case individual members here can assist.

Best wishes,

Andy

-------------------------
Andy Millar CEng MIET CMgr MCMI

http://www.linkedin.com/in/millarandy

"The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress." Joseph Joubert
 05 December 2012 02:28 PM

rhysphillips

Hi James,

You say you are "local" but local to where??

STEMNet run the STEM Ambassador Scheme so if you contact your local IET Network or your local STEMNet contract holder, both should be able to help you.
 06 December 2012 01:28 PM

jamesseddon

were in Mid Wales
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.