Increase font size
Topic Title: Events
Topic Summary:
Created On: 21 October 2011 04:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 21 October 2011 04:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Jim Harden

Attended an excellent event on Wed night in Glasgow. Subject was relevant with excellent presenters. To the organisers WELL DONE a MORE of the SAME please

That said attendance was an embarassment - numbers were low (less than 12).

I understand there were number of issues that conspired against the organisers. The main one being the failure of the Website for approx 1 month. I would have thought that the IET would have some form of contingency plan in place.

Come on IET sort yourselves out - This did not show IET in a good light to the external agency that were presenting.

Jim Harden
 22 October 2011 10:22 PM

CliveM

Jim,

Regarding the website you have got your times wrong. Access to the website was stopped on 26th August and was supposed to be restored at the end of September. We are still waiting.

I agree that this has caused problems for LN events in our area as well.

-------------------------
Clive Maude
 23 October 2011 10:47 AM

CliveM

Alan,

Whilst quick to blame HO for most of our ills I don't believe they are to blame for this. I still receive the general email notifications of events locally. This is usually arranged between the Network and the Local Network Co-ordinator who arranges for them to be sent out.

If it's not your spam filter blocking the emails then I suggest you approach your local network to find out if they have asked for them to go out.

Clive Maude
 24 October 2011 12:03 PM

rossall

Mailings are not linked to the temporary halting of updates to the Web site. Please do speak to your RC if you have problems with mailings.

I am sorry for the interruption to site updates. We do recognise the importance of the site to all parts of the IET, and for that reason considerable efforts have been concentrated on updating the content and systems to the new design.

The work is almost complete, and you should get an update very shortly on the dates for release and for resumption of editing.

Regards

David Rossall
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
 24 October 2011 02:01 PM

alextaylor

Hello Alan

I was concerned to hear that you were not receiving emails so we have checked our records - we removed you from email communication lists in November 2010 following a request from you. If you would like to start receiving news again we can amend this. I'll get Julie to drop you an email seperately and we will ensure that your communications preferences are up to date.

Best regards

Alex Taylor
Community Manager - Local Networks

Alex Taylor
Senior Manager - IET Communities
The IET
 24 October 2011 05:00 PM

Jim Harden

Thanks for correcting me Clive. This makes things look worse- one month is bad but 2 is inept !!!!

Over to you IET - why so long before fixing the problem - what were you doing - why was a contingency not put in place.

This organisation gets more and more like "Disney" - living in a land of make believe.

Jim Harden
 25 October 2011 05:14 PM

Jim Harden

Any chance of an answer IET Leadership or are my questions, to use Andrew Wilson's assessment of my previous questions, being treated as trival not worthy of reply????????????

Jim Harden
 04 November 2011 05:19 PM

MikeWrigley

This is probably a very common problem. When I tried to unsubscribe myself it seemd that it was a case of "all or nothing" so I refrained and asked a member of staff to intervene so that I receive less IET advertising about events in areas in which I have never declared an interest. Whatever that member of staff did, I now receive no advertising from the IET but I'm getting the impression that my conclusion was correct and I am receiving nothing.

The last mail I received from my LN was back in May. Don't know if this means that there has been none or that I don't receive it.

Mike Wrigley
Past Chairman, French Network
 07 November 2011 11:12 AM

rossall

Mike

You will be contacted about your communication preferences.

Regards

David Rossall
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
IET » Feedback and questions » Events

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.