IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Proposal for new TPN (Oil & Gas)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 26 May 2011 09:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 26 May 2011 09:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

iainmurdoch

One sector within the IET Energy sector that does not have much of a presence is the Oil & Gas industry. This is a very active group that is responsible for multi-billion dollar / euro investment globally and many new and emergine technologies. Many IET Business Partners are directly involved in the oil & gas / petrochemical industry. There are many IET members actively involved in this industry either for the operating companies, engineering services or equipment vendors.

How can I look at setting up an Oil & Gas TPN? Is there sufficient demand for this?
Regards
Iain
 10 November 2011 06:25 PM

james0212

Iain,
I just came onto the IET site to search for some oil & gas information and zilch, couldn't believe it. A search brought up your posting.
If you know anything about well drilling, mudpumps, production flow rates, separators, compressors, storage tanks, I'm happy to add my bit. About 25 years as electrical & instrument engineer in oil & gas with most of the big names, in the Far East and Middle East.
Regards,
Tony Smee
 11 November 2011 10:47 AM

libman

Dear Tony,

The Knovel ebooks service provided to members by the IET Library contains some good titles for the oil and gas sector:-

http://www.theiet.org/resource...rary/knovel/index.cfm

Regards,

John

-------------------------
John Coupland
Manager of Library & Archives
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
 19 November 2011 11:46 PM

sfchew

One sector within the IET Energy sector that does not have much of a presence is the Oil & Gas industry. This is a very active group that is responsible for multi-billion dollar / euro investment globally and many new and emergine technologies. Many IET Business Partners are directly involved in the oil & gas / petrochemical industry. There are many IET members actively involved in this industry either for the operating companies, engineering services or equipment vendors. How can I look at setting up an Oil & Gas TPN? Is there sufficient demand for this? Regards Iain

Hi Iain,

TPNs are labelled communities now. It may be in your interest to post it in the Community Engagement Forum. You can also get information to initiate a new community.

Regards
Chris Chew
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.