Increase font size
Topic Title: IET Book Reviews
Topic Summary: Peer Reviews of IET Titles
Created On: 12 September 2010 12:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12 September 2010 12:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

BradC

Over the years I have ordered a number of IET books and have also enjoyed a fantastic member discount, because lets face it, technical books do not come cheap due to limited readership.

I wonder if it would be useful if there were some means of readers feedback or testimonials for the books being sold as not all books are available for a preview.

Having just received my copy of the commentary on the IEE Wiring Regs, I am extremely grateful that this companion to the 17th Edition exists as it adds considerable explanation to the wiring regs. It is a fantastic reference to the BS7671. I also enjoyed the appendices concerning the history behing the regs and found this to be a bonus.

I am waiting avidly for a reprint of the handbook for EMC testing and measurement to happen, as I have waited patiently for over a year to obtain a copy of this book.

I would like to thank the IET's publishing department for their good work and feel that this is another of the benefits of membership we all enjoy access to.
 20 September 2010 04:19 PM

ireeve

Thank you for your posting. I am very pleased to hear you have found the Commentary on IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition (BS 7671:2008) very helpful.

I understand you are interested in a book on EMC testing and would like to know when this is available. I have forwarded a request for information on this book to our commissioning Editor and will post the reply as and when I have further information.

Thank you once again for your comments.

-------------------------
Ian M Reeve
Senior Engineer
Standards and Compliance
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
 06 October 2010 01:38 PM

ireeve

The paperback version of the book "A Handbook for EMC Testing and Measurement" has I understand been dispatched to you. We have no plans for a hardback reprint.

For other readers the book is By D. Morgan,
Product code: PBEL008z
ISBN: 978-0-86341-756-6
and available from http://www.theiet.org/publishi...s/electrical/19151.cfm .

Thank you for your custom.

-------------------------
Ian M Reeve
Senior Engineer
Standards and Compliance
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.