Increase font size
Topic Title: Membership Fees Receipt
Topic Summary: I have not received one.
Created On: 01 April 2009 08:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01 April 2009 08:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

TeesdaleSpark

Please could someone send me a receipt for membership fees. I have not received one and need one to claim the fees back on my company expenses. I have tried contacting the IEE by email on two occasions and have had no response.
 02 April 2009 10:17 AM

Jamesmay

Hi,

Please check your email for a response.

Kind Regards,

-------------------------
James May
Member and Customer Service Executive
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
 02 April 2009 05:24 PM

padkins

James,

I believe this is a generic problem and deserves more than a one-off reply to the individual member.

I too have had this problem, and others have reported similar concerns elsewhere on other IET mailing lists.

Basically the problem is that the on-line payment system does not generate a receipt, or even an electronic confirmation of the amount paid.

I seem to remember in previous years there was a check-box in the on-line system where you could request a receipt, but this has now gone.

Please give us your assurance that this will be corrected for next year.

Could you also arrange a receipt for me please?

The below correspondence refers,

Regards Paul

Hello Paul,
I am copying this email into our Member and Customer Service Team who should be able to assist you with provision of a receipt.

Kind regards,
Asan Tu
--
Senior Technical Analyst
Internet Services Group

Sent: 22 December 2008 18:02
To: Tu,Asach
Subject: Re: Confirmation of Renewal

Hello again Asan,

sorry to raise this again and I hope you can help me,
I pay my subscription from the Ltd Co through which I do all my professional work. I am just gathering the information for my accountant for the year end accounts, and I need a receipt for the £168 IET subscription.

I find it rather surprising that there is nothing which shows the actual amount paid - no web page confirmation or email confirmation, which I get with virtually all other online transactions.

An electronic image of the receipt (pdf) would be better.

Can you generate a receipt for me,

Thanks in advance

Paul
(M) 21996787

----- Original Message -----
To: Paul Adkins
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 1:55 PM
Subject: RE: Confirmation of Renewal

padkins

Edited: 02 April 2009 at 05:26 PM by padkins
 03 April 2009 07:21 PM

TeesdaleSpark

I have now received a receipt by email. Thank you for the prompt response.

I seem to remember there was at some time a checkbox to tick to generate a report. Maybe its still there - I can't remember, its also possible I did not check it.
 07 April 2009 01:47 PM

agnessegal

I am sorry that has had to be a change in the receipting process following introduction of the new IT system.

After initial launch in July 2008 improvements were introduced in mid December 2008 which now allow automated confirmation of payment from the IET's website for member subscription transactions.

We do not automatically send formal receipts because we have found that not all members require them. However, for those that do, they are available on request from our member and customer services centre who will be happy to email or post a receipt as required. They will also ensure that a receipt will be forwarded automatically for future membership subscription transactions.

At present it is not possible to request a receipt online at the time of payment however, we are currently considering improvements to the receipting process to be implemented later this year

Agnes Segal
 07 April 2009 02:34 PM

padkins

Agnes, many thanks for your reply. A couple of points from this:

However, for those that do, they are available on request from our member and customer services centre who will be happy to email or post a receipt as required.

please can I have a receipt? (Membership no. 21996787)

How would anyone know that this option is available? I don't remember the website payments pages telling me this.

At present it is not possible to request a receipt online at the time of payment,

Do you not think this is a serious shortcoming of the IET website? We routinely use many online payments systems for purchasing products, services, subscriptions etc, and virtually all of these either automatically provide an electronic receipt or the option to print one at the time of purchase. The IET is a large, well resourced organisation and is the professional home for many of the people that design these systems, and it ought to be able to provide a receipt with the minimum of fuss.

Please accept that these criticisms are meant to be constructive and intended to maintain the professional standing of the Institution,

Regards Paul Adkins (M21996787)

padkins
 12 December 2011 12:27 PM

fmryb

Dear IET,

I too need a receipt for this year's fees please. Would it not be easier to have a way to generate it through the online portal?

Regards,

Ferdinando
 12 December 2011 06:12 PM

rossall

Please try http://www.theiet.org/receipt/

This feature was added after Agnes posted her message in 2009.

Regards

David Rossall
 12 January 2012 09:13 PM

TOM_UK

This is almost an annual event seeing all these complaints. It is about time that a professional organisation had a simple upfront link so members can access a receipt with ease.

I do note there is not a similar issue when contacting us to collect in the fees!
 24 January 2012 12:40 AM

srforman

Hi,

That link is fine, but only if you get to it in time. As of today (24 Jan), it only offers the possibility to download the receipt for the payment of Jan 2012. What I need is the receipt for the payment of Jan 2011 to complete my tax return for 2010/2011 (deadline end of Jan 2012).

Is there any way to get the previous receipt?

Thanks
Stuart Forman (M17508985)
 24 January 2012 11:29 AM

rossall

If you need a receipt for previous years, please send a request to Member and Customer Services, stating clearly the year for which the receipt is required.

I've passed this on in your case.

Best regards

David Rossall
 20 July 2013 02:24 PM

timwood10

yes an annual frustration of mine. I always have to search. just send the receipt by email
 30 July 2013 12:42 PM

AustinClarke

Hi to All! I am a new guy here and recently joined the forum to participate in interesting discussions.
 26 December 2013 11:14 AM

hblair

At the end of 2013, the http://www.theiet.org/receipt/ link still works, but
(1) it shows how much is due for the 2014 subscription, with no link to the receipt for 2013
(2) the link to the Member and Customer Services" contacts page is now wrong (one gets "Page not found"). The link to the contacts page should be http://www.theiet.org/membership/contacts/index.cfm
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.