Increase font size
Topic Title: Urenco Power Technology's KESS flywheels
Topic Summary:
Created On: 13 June 2011 09:04 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 13 June 2011 09:04 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

rallen

Can anyone advise what has happened to Urenco Power Technology? Every search reference I have found takes me back to their website, which is now listed as a domanin name for sale. Have they gone bust or have they been taken over and chaged their name?

Any info gratefully appreciated!

-------------------------
rallen
 15 June 2011 11:38 AM

lsharpe

The Urenco website at www.urenco.com opened correctly for me, but a search on 'flywheel' drew a blank.
However, Google came up with a very old (2001) story about Beacon Power using Urenco technology, and that company is certainly still involved with flywheels. www.beaconpower.com

-------------------------
Lorna Sharpe (IET transport editor)
 10 August 2011 08:15 AM

DFMacLennan

I think I can shed some light on this question.

UPT was wound up in the early 2000s, I believe, and members of the UPT senior management bought the rights to the IP and MLC Flywheel Technology, forming a company called Automotive Hybrid Power. The Williams Formula 1 team, then bought a significant stake in this company and re-branded it Williams Hybrid Power which is now developing mobile MLC flywheel systems for hybrid vehicles.

Williams has also now opened a Technology Centre to continue this development into stationary applications of energy storage using MLC flywheels.

I would be very interested to understand the reasons for your question, if you would like more information do please get in touch with me.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.