IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Looking for installed base by supplier for Metro and Mainline railways
Topic Summary: Information needed urgently
Created On: 28 July 2010 04:27 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 28 July 2010 04:27 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

mchibwa

Hi

I am doing a report and I need some information on how many installed kilometres each of the majow equipment suppliers have. For example on the London Metro Siemens equipment is installed with ......km or Network rail has .......km installed from INvensys.

I would be really appreciative if anyone has any information or knows of where they can point me to find some information
 29 July 2010 05:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

amillar

Originally posted by: mchibwa
Hi

I am doing a report and I need some information on how many installed kilometres each of the majow equipment suppliers have. For example on the London Metro Siemens equipment is installed with ......km or Network rail has .......km installed from INvensys.

I would be really appreciative if anyone has any information or knows of where they can point me to find some information

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this question? Installed kilometers of what? Track, signals, point machines, interlocking, track circuits/axle counters, hot box detectors, AWS, ATP, bridges, rolling stock? On any length of track any or all of these will be made by several different manufacturers.

In any case, it is unlikely that anyone actually knows the answer. Because of the way the rail system has grown in the last 150 years it is a real mishmash of different manufacturer's products spread around more-or-less evenly.

Perhaps you could be a bit more specific?

-------------------------
Andy Millar CEng MIET CMgr MCMI

http://www.linkedin.com/in/millarandy

"The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress." Joseph Joubert
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.