IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Airplane disasters
Topic Summary: do we need an innovation to improve survivalibility?
Created On: 04 July 2009 01:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09 June 2011 12:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

laniganfazeaks

Originally posted by: ProductDesign

Could something as simple as a GPS based speed reading instead of the reliance of the one source of airspeed, helped the pilot see the bigger picture.

An interaction between GPS, Airdata subsystems and Inertial Navigation systems are already utilised in modern aircraft. As well as the trusted direct pitot/static inputs. could the answer not just be more simulator time for pilots? scenarios designed from modern failures. i admit not every eventuality could be covered, pilots reactions should be second nature to most ,if not all emergency situations.
may i just add i am not anti pilot, but in some cases mis-interpretation of the situation does lead to human error.

regards

PeteL-F
 16 June 2011 01:58 PM

Backintime

For Air France Flight 447, rather than instructing or leaving the Junior pilot to work out as to what he can/should do, had the Captain took over to have the situation controlled in the first place, the unfortunate disaster may be avoidable.

IMO, it would be more sensible for the Captain to correct the emergency situation first and then explain to the Junior pilot afterwards what he has done to correct the problem. I am sure the junior pilot will still be able to absorb the knowledge and know how to handle the same kind of emergency in the future.

I might add that this form of live training with 300 passengers onboard should be mandatory outlawed by the airlines.
 20 August 2012 07:33 AM

electricaltestinguk1

It 's been a problem all over the world. I guess innovation is really needed so we can improve the number of survivability. Government should provide sufficient budget for this.
 27 August 2012 03:53 AM

electricaltestinguk1

Plane crush is really awful especially to the family of the victim. People who using plane as a way of their transportation is good because it only takes a few hour to reach destination. But since numerous accident happen I think we should improve the quality of the engines. We can not afford to have accidents that will suffer many lives.
IET » Transport engineering » Airplane disasters

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.