Increase font size
Topic Title: European Union Investigation into the Hinkley Point C Nuclear Deal
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02 April 2014 10:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02 April 2014 11:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jarathoon

There are only 5 days left to make a submission to the EU.

Here is my letter, with a link to the document, giving the address and emails for submissions:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to request that your "Invitation to submit comments pursuant to Article 108(2) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union" be reissued and the time limit for responses be extended.

Invitation to submit comments

This is because the document (published on the 18th December 2013) refers to the Energy Bill, which became the Energy Act 2013 on the 18th December 2013.

It is not clear to me whether you will be conducting your review with reference to the Energy Bill as originally published or the Energy Act 2013. They are materially different, as you will no doubt be aware. I also draw your attention to the fact that much of the secondary legislation associated with the Energy Act 2013 has yet to be finalised and make its way through the UK parliament. How should I reference this secondary legislation, the final form of which is currently unknown? Also how can I as a UK citizen respond properly and justly to your review without seeing the exact terms of the secretive private contract between my government and NNBG. How can I be assured that your review has any effect if I never get to see the version of the private contract you see and any changes to it that the EU recommends?

If you do not wish to reissue your document, clarifying these matters, please can you clarify the issues I am raising before the deadline for submissions on the 7th April 2014.

Given the current state of public knowledge, the validity and relevance of all submissions from private citizens of the UK and the European Union, will be fundamentally undermined if these issues are not properly clarified. At the very least we have to know what versions of documents and proposals we and the EU are critiquing, including the document version of the commercially secret contract we are unable to see as private citizens of the UK. Do you agree?

Best Regards,

James Arathoon MIET

-------------------------
James Arathoon
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.