Increase font size
Topic Title: Equivalence between standards
Topic Summary: Equivalence between German VDE and EN standards
Created On: 21 February 2014 05:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 21 February 2014 05:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

engineer29

Hi all,
ii al having a tough time dealing with equivalence of standards. In my country, the DNO specifies his requirement for grid tied system in terms of EN standards while currently my german suppliers are providing VDE certified products. How can i get to show the local authority that my inverters meet requirments of EN50438 while being VDE-AR-N 4105 ?
Can someone help me out or at least guide me where can i get equivalence documentations.
Thanks!
 21 February 2014 07:56 AM

oneye

I wouldn't normally recommend sloping shoulders but
your supplier is perhaps being a little cavalier in sticking to local standards as they would.

You will no doubt find you inverters will comply with both standards, but it is up to your supplier to demonstrate EN compliance.
 21 February 2014 08:07 AM

944SE

I 'm not aware of any harmonising docs between G59/2-3 and a VDE standard. Most of the inverter manufacturers who want to sell their products in UK have a G59 setting in them which can be accessed via a front screen or through software. If the DNO is not satisfied with the inherent settings he is likely to insist on a free-standing G59 Relay which will require to be subject of a witnessed site test. While G59-2 compliant inverters have adjustments on them for base voltage setting etc. G59-3 inverters will have to be type tested sealed units with no adjustments.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.