Increase font size
Topic Title: Hv and power systems protection training
Topic Summary: High voltage and protection training course
Created On: 20 November 2013 07:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 20 November 2013 07:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Shanegreeneelectrical

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations on high voltage switching and power systems protection courses around the UK. I'm looking at The Faraday centre in Middlesbrough and ASET in Aberdeen. Both these centres provide both courses listed above. Has anybody completed these courses at these centres and would you recommend either?

Also if there's other centres that provide this training and anyone has attended I'd like to hear feedback as I'm open to all options. Thanks in advance.

Edited: 21 November 2013 at 06:45 AM by Shanegreeneelectrical
 22 November 2013 11:45 PM

Russell Barnes

Haven't done those but I did the 'Develop' AP15 HV course at Burn Hall, between Easingwold and York. I'd enquire with them to see if any courses they do meet your requirements. I enjoyed my course, but it could maybe have been better spread over two weeks. All my SAP and HV training hitherto was 'in house' and I asked for a commercialcourse to see how things went in the big bad world outside!

http://www.developtraining.co....rse.aspx?courseid=1210

-------------------------

Regds,

Russell W. B.
I. Eng., MIET
 23 November 2013 12:30 AM

JonathanHill

I've used the Faraday Centre for HV Switching/ Creation of Safe Systems of Work, as have colleagues - all happy. We'll use again.

They offer an assessment at the end of the course, when last I checked, the only other UK trainer doing this was Scottish Power who offered a C&G assessment (but this was ~ 50% more, in total). 3rd part assessment is very useful, especially if your employer's authorising officer is a manager with little understanding of matters electrical.

Re protection courses - no first-hand knowledge. I believe Faraday have a good reputation. EA Technology also offer courses you may find suitable.

Happy hunting

-------------------------
Jonno
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.