Increase font size
Topic Title: Software for Recording Power Outlet Loads and Distribution
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05 June 2013 10:44 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05 June 2013 10:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tomgraham22

Hi Everyone,

First time posting on the forum. I've had a look around but couldn't find anyone discussing exactly what I was looking for so I thought I'd make a request.
I am working with some old facilities that are powered by a large UPS that is wired into the facility main switchboard and is used to supply many General Power Outlets and lighting circuits throughout the building. Unfortunately, no electrical distribution record exists. In order to ensure that there are no points where the UPS can be overloaded, I need to compile a register of electrical loads distribution for all GPO's.
Currently, I'm using an Excel Spread sheet to make an indentured list of:

UPS,
    Distribution Board,
    Circuit Breaker,
    GPO,
    Assembly (what's plugged into the outlet)

I then assign Circuit Breaker ratings and electrical loads of the plugged in hardware. I then try to calculate the total load on the circuit breaker and if there is a risk of overload. (see image).
My question is, is there a better software solution for this electrical loads register than an Excel Spread sheet? Most other "electrical loads/distribution software" I search for is intended for live monitoring of UPS systems in large industrial facilities, not just recording and calculation of loads.

Any assistance appreciated.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.