IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Fourth Generation Nuclear: Molten Salt Reactors
Topic Summary: Another attempt (on my part) at breaking down the sociological barriers to innovation
Created On: 24 May 2013 10:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 24 May 2013 10:39 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jarathoon

As you may well be aware on the 26th March the government published its new Nuclear Industrial Strategy, which explicitly included reference to fourth generation nuclear technology development.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nuclear-industrial-
strategy-the-uks-nuclear-future

The month before the government created the new Nuclear Industry Council to replace the old Nuclea Development Forum

https://www.gov.uk/government/policy-advisory-groups/
nuclear-industry-council

I have now written the following letter to DECC in regards to the Nuclear Industry Council

Letter Below:

Dear DECC,

How do I get in touch with the secretariat of the Nuclear Industry Council as I would like to be sent a copy of the Nuclear Industry Council constitution.

I am a Consultant Engineer and member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology and would also like to come along to the next meeting of the Nuclear Industry Council in July as an observer.

If the rules of the Nuclear Industry Council constitution prohibit potential new entrants to the nuclear industry from attending as observers or members, then I need to know the exact barriers to entry, so that I might put in place the right corporate strategy to overcome this barriers in due course.

I also would like to publish details of these barriers so that members of the Institute of Engineering and Technology and potential new entrants wishing to develop fourth generation fourth generation Nuclear technologies may engage in developing similar corporate strategies.

I say this because, Engineers and Companies interested in fourth generation Nuclear technologies may want to attend these meetings in the very near future, encouraged by the Governments New Nuclear Strategy and Industrial Vision Statement.

Best Regards,

James Arathoon

-------------------------
James Arathoon
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.