IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Comparisons between a single-phase segregated GIS and a three-phase GIS
Topic Summary:
Created On: 28 February 2013 05:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 28 February 2013 05:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

khairul31

Hi all,

I would like to seek your professional views regarding the best type of GIS arrangement for a rated 132kV GIS substation. I was searching for some comparisons between a single-phase segregated and a three-phase segregated GIS in terms of technical, environmental and economical issues but i could not find much papers regarding it.

Also, what type of arrangement is better, is it to have a three-phase segregated bubsbar with a single-phase segregated line/feeder side or is it better to have both the busbar and the line/feeder side to be single-phase segregated.

For additional info, i'm looking at a 132kV GIS with a double busbar arrangement. Busbar having two bus section and two bus coupler. Two isolators with one CB per feeder.

I highly appreciate for your views and discussions.
 28 February 2013 02:27 PM

smithi

If you're using one of the major European manufactuers the chances are you will get 3 phase segregated equipment at 132kV (all 3 phases in one chamber). Only above 132kV will you get phase segregation. GIS in general is pretty well designed and is very reliable so it's difficult to say which one's best.
Whilst I don't know for sure I would suggest 3 phase segregated would be cheaper since it would have fewer exposed moving mechanical parts; e.g. drive linkages, etc. so you could argue it's safer and more reliable as well.

Hope this help

-------------------------
smithi
 03 March 2013 06:03 PM

ukmaharaja

In Metropolitan cities where, the cost of land is one of the drivers in deciding GIS layout. Three phasewith common enclosure is better suited from overall cost perspective , although as a product may be costlier , it is easier /quicker to install threephase assembly.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.