Increase font size
Topic Title: Plant simulations
Topic Summary:
Created On: 27 February 2013 03:53 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 27 February 2013 03:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

riaz14

Can any one write down a link/website where i can the no of plant proto types or simulations or any website where I can see how the different plant work after different pieces of plant are connected together, Just want to have clue about the process flow of the plant,Thanking you in advance
 28 February 2013 03:32 PM

oneye

It's not clear what you are trying to achieve.
A large sewage works will have different sections - but completely different from a Newspaper printing works (with re-cycle facility).

The only way you will truly appreciate how plant is connected is to visit a site and be shown round - some sites I have been involved in have school trips late spring/early summer.

see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_Simulation

Also:
http://www.fiberdownload.com/D...mens-Plant-Simulation

I understand the latter is for you to configure your own process modelling prior to build.
"Tecnomatix Plant Simulation is a discrete event simulation tool that helps you to create digital models of logistic systems (e.g., production), so that you can explore the systems' characteristics and optimize its performance".
 03 March 2013 10:10 PM

dlane

Another piece of sortware for plant simulation is called arena and can be downloaded from Rockwell free for limited use by students.

Arena software

The software is commonly used by Uk universities for some of their modules.

Kind regards

Donald Lane
 04 March 2013 08:19 AM

solaral

Bahahaha! Was I the only one to spot oneye's sharp analogy with the sewerage and the newspaper printing works (with re-cycle facility)?

In my experience the raw ingredient for both processes is the same...

Solaral.
 04 March 2013 09:16 AM

oneye

Thank you solaral for finding my posting amusing .. it wasn't really meant to be.

I had in mind 2 sites:
- a large newspaper printing / paper mill in Kent which has a fair sized waste paper facility as part of it's raw material input.
- a Sewage plant in Bristol which not only treats human waste but also re-cycles waste food, turning both into energy for re-generation and other by-products.

Both must have been 'modelled' in some way to maximise the return which is not only good for the environment but should be fairly profitable businesswise.
IET » Energy » Plant simulations

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.